Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pain That Never Goes Away


There are all sorts of pain says artist Patricia Casey, emotional and physical. I don’t think you can go through life without experiencing either of these. Sometimes we grow through pain and often our proudest achievements have been the result of a struggle.


But, pain that never goes away is a frightening concept. I can’t imagine what that must be like: to have no relief, no respite, to have to learn to live your life in spite of it. Meditation and visualisation are techniques that many use to help manage their symptoms. Whisper is a moment of stillness, of calm. This work (see image) leads the viewer to a space that is removed from reality where one can experience an escape.

1 comment:

  1. Really I was suffering a lot with the chronic pain on my lower back. It was a horrible moment. I could not bear the pain. Then I had undergone Hypnotherapy Treatment to manage the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Followers